SUPPORT SYSTEMSLIBRARY COMMITTEE
Creation of the Cell
The SC and ST cell has been constituted in the college campus in the year 2014 to resolve all the affairs and problems related to SC/ST students and faculties. The cell provides special inputs in the areas where the students experience difficulties. The Cell addresses academic and non-academic issues and complaints of students from reserved categories. The Cell also strives to maintain an environment where all communities can participate in academic and research activities without any sort of discrimination with respect to caste or creed. In order to maintain such atmosphere, the SC/ST Student cell is responsible for sensitizing the campus community about the importance of having diversity. The cell also aims to ensure that anti-discrimination laws in the context of caste and creed are followed.
The objectives of SC/ST Cell
- To circulate GOI and commissions decisions and to collect regularly, on an annual basis ,information regarding course wise admissions to candidate belonging to the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes.
- Circulate GOI and commissions decisions and to collect regularly, on a annual basis ,information regarding course wise admissions to candidates belonging to the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes.
- To bring the students belongs to SC/ST community at par with the main stream student body.
- To create a platform where students can point out their problems, regarding academic and non academic matters.
- To monitor the implementation of reservation policy in the institute.
- To circulate GOI orders and commissions decisions and to collect information in respect of appointment ,training of their communities in teaching and non teaching posts in suitable forms by a stipulated date and take follow up action where required.
- To analyze information on admission, education, training and employment of SCs STs and prepare reports and digests for onward transmission to the ministry of human resource development/university grants commission.
Function as a grievances redressal cell for the grievances of SC/ST students and employees of the university and render them necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems.
Constitution of the SC/ST Cell
The cell has been reconstituted for every academic year. For the academic year 2021-22, following members are appointed
|S.No||Name of Member||Designation||Role||Mobile No|
|1||Dr.Osman Bin Salam||Principal||Chairperson||9985389973|
|2||Mr.Mohd Ibrahim Uddin||Vice-Principal||Co-ordinator||9885062290|
|3||Dr. Y Vinodhini||Professor||Member||8143134859|
|4||Mr.Mohammed Saleem Pasha||Asst. Professor & Placement Officer||Member||7093882626|
|5||Khalid Junaidi||Student Representative||Member||8019909712|
The Functions of SC/ST Cell includes
- Effective implementation of Rule of Reservation to SC, ST Candidates in admission to various courses in the University.
- Effective implementation of Rule of Reservation to SC,ST Candidates in appointments and promotions to Teaching and Non-Teaching posts strictly adhering to Roster system followed in the University as per Government rules.
- Effective implementation of the Orders/Circulars/Guidelines issued by the Central/State/UGC in respect of Reservation.
- To oversee and extend all possible education facilities like Hostel accommodation, Scholarships& Stipend to SC/ST Students.
- To provide up to date information statistics in reservation matters to the Central/ State/ UGC.
- Conduct of Grievance of Committee for SC,ST’s
- Organizing Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Birthday Celebrations & Anniversary Programmes.
- Special coaching for competitive exams Civil Services (Prelims), Personality Development, Communication Skills.
SC/ST Cell will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Committee often meets the students and faculties belong to SC/ST communities, to understand their problem and take necessary action and/or render them necessary advice/help to resolve the matter.
- Creating awareness among the SC/ST Students regarding the various Government and Non-Government scholarship schemes.
- Counseling the students to help them overcome inferiority complex related to interaction with fellow students and personal grooming.