SUPPORT SYSTEMSLIBRARY COMMITTEE
Creation of the Committee
The Committee reviews the requests for books/journals/other resources submitted by various departments and recommends its decisions to the Management. The Committee also reviews the findings of annual audit process of the library and makes recommendations for the safety of books and journals.
- To enrich Library collection and improve usage
- To purchase the books and magazines periodically to fulfill the requirements of University and AICTE.
- To maintain documentations of books, journals, magazines, newspapers, CD’s & library materials
- To formulate policies and procedures for efficient use of Library resources.
- To prepare budget and proposals for the development of the Library
- To solve the issues and problems related to library, raised by the students and staff members.
- The faculty and students gives their choice for acting as coordinators in the Library Committee. Based on the choice given by the faculty and students, the College Academic Committee and in consultation with librarian selects the committee members.
- The tenure of the selected coordinator and members is for one academic year.
The Library Committee is reconstituted for every year. For the academic year 2021-22, following members are appointed
|S.No||Name of Member||Designation||Position in the committee|
|1||Mrs. Shahnaaz Sultana||Associate Professor||Coordinator|
|2||Mr. Mohd Farooq Ali||Assistant Professor||Member|
|4||Mrs. Wajida Anjum||Library Assistant||Member|
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review of monthly library activities.
- Verification of stock.
- Identification of requirement of books.
- Getting quotations from the publishers and for online databases.
- Placing orders for books and journals.
- Maintenance of Journals.
- Subscription for Journals.
- Maintenance of D-space.
- Preparation of monthly reports.
- To adopt measures to enhance readership
- To submit the annual report on the functioning of the library
- Maintenance of accession registers
- Plan for library audit
- Proper documentation