INTERNAL COMPLAINTS COMMITTEE
Creation of the Committee
Internal Complaints Committee has been constituted with a view to safeguard the interests of women employees and students of the institution. The committee is established as per Section 4 All India Council for Technical Education (Gender Sensitization, Prevention and Prohibition of Sexual Harassment of Women Employees and Students and Redressal of Grievances in Technical Institutions Regulations, 2016 vide No. F. AICTE/ WH/ 2016/ 01 dated 10th June, 2016).
Objectives of the Internal Complaints Committee
- To create and maintain safe, healthy and supportive environment for women and girl students in the campus.
- To address issues faced by women at work place and to organize awareness generation programmes and to take preventive steps towards protection of women staff / female students from sexual harassment in the college.
- Internal Complaints Committee is functioning in the college as per the norms laid down by the AICTE to organize workshops affecting women in general and especially in the following areas:
- Sensitization and gender equality on campuses
- Issues of women arising from societal concerns
- Any other theme based activities and events concerning significant issues of women
The details of committee members are furnished below
|S.No||Name of Member||Designation||Position in the committee||Contact No.|
|1||Dr. Osman Bin Salam||Principal||Principal||9985389973|
|2||Mr. Mohd Ibrahim Uddin||Vice-Principal||Vice-Principal||9885062290|
|3||Dr. Y Vinodhini||Professor||Member||8143134859|
|4||Dr. Atiya Mahboob||Professor||Member||9848278552|
|5||Afifa Naaz||Girl Student||Student Representative||9866364672|
Roles and Responsibilities
- The committee will arrange programs on Women’s Day and at other times, as is deemed necessary. The committee will admit complaints from
- Female employees on harassment and discrimination in the workplace by other employees.
- Female students on harassment and discrimination in the classroom and in relation to academic activities by faculty and staff and Student to student cases
- Female residents on harassment, assault and other forms of misbehavior by employees.
- The committee will follow relevant Acts, Rules, OM of Government of India and Court Orders etc as applicable from time to time.
- The Committee will institute Enquiry Committee as it deems fit to examine particular complaints.
- The Committee will make recommendations on actions to be taken on specific complaints.
- The committee will organize awareness programs in all Saturdays every month.
- To inform about the Suggestion Box that is placed in the college which helps the students to feel free to lodge any complaints or problems.