ENTERPRENEUR DEVELOPMENT CELL
Creation of the Cell
The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) was started in the year 2014 with the aim of promoting specialized knowledge in the field of entrepreneurship development. The aim of Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) is to develop and strengthen entrepreneurial qualities among the budding professionals who are interested in starting their own ventures. The purpose of the cell is to identify, inculcate, nurture, prepare and develop the student entrepreneur from “Job seeker to Job creator”. The EDC also assists all the aspirants with mentoring, planning and execution of their start up idea into a real business. Aspiring engineer entrepreneurs are groomed with the necessary inputs on how to be a successful entrepreneur through workshops and seminars by eminent people from the industry
- To foster better linkages between the Parent Institution, Industries and R&D institutions in the region and other related organizations engaged in promoting Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) including NGOs and other Voluntary Organisations.
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information to budding student entrepreneurs.
- To conduct Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps (EAC) and Entrepreneurship Development Programs (EDP)
- To liaison with various external agencies and Institutions like CII, T-HUB, DRDL and others.
- Conduct training programs in the field of entrepreneurial skill development
It also Aims to
- Offer deep connections of the global entrepreneur eco system
- Provide orientation on startup policies of the Government
- Organize skill development workshops to train enthusiastic students to start their own enterprises
- Providing primary and ballooning stage entrepreneurs with intent based, time-bound and constructive mentor
The faculty members and students contribute their choice for acting as coordinators in the Entrepreneurship Development Cell. Based on the choice given by the faculty and students, the College Academic Committee in consultation with Head of the Department select the coordinators.
The tenure of the selected coordinator is for one academic year.
Constitution of the EDC cell:
The cell has been reconstituted for every academic year.For the academic year 2021-22 following members are appointed
|S.No||Name of Member||Designation||Position in the Committee||Contact No.|
|1||Dr. Y Vinodhini||Professor||Coordinator||8143134859|
|2||Mrs. Shahnaaz Sultana||Associate Professor||Member||9642251828|
|3||Mr. Mohammed Saleem Pasha||Assistant Professor||Member||7093882626|
- Identifying the student having inclination towards becoming entrepreneur
- Conduct individual counseling to the students with the help of professional mentors to identify the characteristics and zeal of the student who can become entrepreneur
- Host workshops in association with EDII, NEN, COWEA and ALEAP and other such reputed organizations for prospective entrepreneurs as well as exclusively for girl students
- Offer a course work on basics of entrepreneurship to unearthing, shaping, developing and directing efforts and ideas to achieve the goals they desire
- Uncover the prospective entrepreneurs’ business ideas through ‘Business Plan’ competition
- Visit to industrial fair and startup companies to gain practical exposure and confidence
- Facilitate meeting with venture capitalist to prospective entrepreneurs
- Make functional MoU’s with industries and training organizations
- Provide information on various types of assistance to startups available with the state and central government schemes
- Promoting business ideas through interaction with industry incubation centers